Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'M HERE! I'M CLEAR! GET USED TO IT!

Well alright!! I had another follow-up appointment today. At my last appointment I had some nice swelling and my doc wouldn't let me return to work, so I had to come back in another 2 weeks to check my progress. Ok, I'm not gonna lie...I may or may not have started jogging and lifting light weights 4 days after my surgery. This may or may not have contributed to the excessive bruising and inflammation. I cannot confirm nor deny this, as I am not a doctor :). For the record my friends did yell at me, so I got my punishment (but I'm not sorry...haha).
It's official...I'm here and I'm clear! All test results show no signs of funky cells! YAY!! I do my lift/physical test for work in 2 days and start poundin' the pavement on Monday. Wow, I hope I remember how to do my job after almost 3 months off!!
I don't want to get cheesey, but I sincerely want to thank ALL my friends for making sure I would always be ok. I was surrounded by such amazing people this entire time who made this whole experience way too easy for me! I had friends of friends, who I had never met, asking how I was doing and if I was feeling ok. My dear nurse friends Lori and Carolyn from Spring Valley ER made personalized pink bracelets that read "For Trish" and sold them in my honor. I received so many phone calls, emails, text messages, and cards; truly overwhelming. Unbelievable.
One thing I've learned through all this is compassion. So many people stepped up just to help me and the way my doctor and his nurses treated me like gold really opened my eyes. I learned a lot about myself and others and will hopefully inspire people the same way I've been inspired. It's been a challenge for me to really celebrate when my Phyllodes friends have had so many recurrences, one who had a tumor return several times and 7 years later! There's a fear in me that thinks this will never really be over, but it's those with the worst experiences who have kicked my butt and told me to stop being a baby. These are some amazing women and because of them I will do my best to live in the moment before these wonderful moments pass me by. I'm a vessel and I will NEVER stop spreading the word about the effectiveness of early detection.
I hope to one day find a way to show appreciation and express just how much everyone's efforts and kindness has affected me. You have no idea.
During my time off I did many things that I never really took the time to experience. I'm so open to try anything new now. I took a hike at Mt. Charleston, visited the Hoover Dam for the first time in the 20 years I've lived here and even got my first pedicure courtesy of my crazy friend Ashley. Me, a pedicure?? I know, right?? I've definitely learned to appreciate every lit bit I have and value every person I know.
I have some unfinished San Diego business to tend to, now where was I?

No comments:

Post a Comment